RC24 - RL02 or Tape to PDP/VAX Setup

I am challenging myself to get a RL02 or TS05 connected to a PDP or VAX for use!

Image for illustration only

1 Like

I have been working on my recent purchase of a TS05.

After checking over the internals and cleaning off a lot of dust and dirt, verifying there is no RIFAs or other concerns, the unit was turned on.

Initially all I got was 5 lights.

I ran a TS05 TEST Mode. To enter TEST mode on the TS05 you hold the WIRTE/TEST (4) button for 5 seconds. After doing so, restarting the unit gave me a UNLOAD (2) and ENTER (5) FLASHING. This indicates a fault with the take up hub or servo.

It advises to run TEST 11. I ran this test and nothing seemed to happen - this probably indicates the Take up hub is bad - or the formatter board (Logic board) is bad.

For now, the ACMS Needs to get a TS05 running as well, so hopefully I can use ACMS and my unit to identify faults with both units to work out a way forward.

I tried to get my RL02 running as well, however I couldn’t get the lid to unlock and the FAULT like remained on.

After a few minutes, even with the power off, I heard the crackle of a RIFA and the smell started but I was quick to pull the power.

I can only believe that there is a RIFA tucked away hidden in this unit.

LINE
JMK INC
EA-0345-5A
12.18468-0-0 REV B
115/250 VAC
5AMP 47-63HZ
LOAD

Got to heat it up and see if I can open it up.