Hello and where to find DOS disks?

Hi,
Hopefully this is OK to post here - let me know if not!
I have an old “portable” PC from the mid 80s - a Sharp PC-7000 which has been sitting in a cupboard for a few decades. It doesn’t have an internal disk, only two 5 1/4" floppy drives. When you turn in on it starts up, but the old floppy disks I have are unreadable.
Is there still somewhere where I could get a formatted floppy with DOS on it?
I’d like to try getting it up and running…
Thanks,
Russell

Hi Russell, Its something I am sure we could help with at the ACMS however we would need some blank floppies - the unit is likely to be a Dual 360kb 5.25" Setup.

You may also wish to investigate if that model supports changing to a “GoTek” virtual floppy.

Sorry for the delay in response!
Adrian

They are definitely 360k 5.25" drives. Electrically, you could put a GoTek in it. However, the front bezel on the drives (which is shared between both) is effectively part of the case of the machine. If you were to replace only one or both, you’d need to make a suitable replacement part that fills in this spot, which definitely would definitely stand out compared to the original aesthetic of the case.

FWIW: I’d suggest that it gets opened up at some point, and the Class X RIFA caps on the main power supply board get replaced.