CatChat: Avtek MegaPlus FaxModem

Click here or on the image to view this entry in our collection.

Description:

Avtek MegaPlus 28.8k FaxModem V.34 CD890 in original box with accessories
RS-232 25 Pin serial interface

Do you have any additional information or resources about this item? Did you own one, work with one or have you repaired one? Please join the discussion about this item in the ACMS collection here on CatChat. Alternatively, you can view other items in our collection here.
Created by CatalogBot

The modem in this entry is an Avtek MegaPlus (Model CD890) but is marked as a CD740. Which is likely a 1200bps (V.22) or 2400bps (V.22bis) model going off the presence of the V.22+ light on the front. For reference I had a CD900, quite close to CD890 and that ran at 2400bps.

The CD740 and CD900 were around at the same time as mentioned here. Then again, there’s isn’t much method to the madness of their model numbering system.

However, the box for this item is for an Avtek MegaPlus Fax V.34 (Model CD740). Looks like someone upgraded or mixed their modems and boxes up before donation perhaps - I’d be excited going from a CD890 (V.22/V.22bis) to a CD740 (V.34) too! :rofl:

1 Like

Good catch. I’ve updated the entry to show it’s only a CD890, but that it was donated in a CD740 box.

1 Like

Thanks! That box is half the history of another modem - which is not a bad thing at all! :blush:

1 Like